This opportunity is suited to someone experienced Tech Support, as part of the IT team you will respond promptly to enquiries from onsite and remote teams ensuring they are equipped to undertake their roles efficiently.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 there will be a split between our Head Office in Newbury and working from home however in the future you will be required to work from the Newbury offices on a weekly basis.
What do I have to do?
The IT Team works alongside Development and Data teams with responsibilities including:
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd line technical support for all desktop, server, mac and mobile platforms
- General user and computer administration, asset management and maintenance.
- Website and intranet maintenance and administration.
- Configuration and support of proprietary and in house systems
- Procurement of equipment, peripherals and consumables with asset management
- Manage, monitor and maintain system backups
- Assist with network and server support including but not limited to Windows server Active Directory infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, IIS, Email, SharePoint intranet sites and Network and Wifi infrastructure.
- Anti-Virus Configuration management
- Contribute to PAT testing
Do I have what it takes?
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Excellent telephone and written communication is fundamental.
- Able to learn and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment with the ability to deliver on individual projects.
- Experienced and adept in problem solving
- Experience with Microsoft desktop, Android and iOS platforms
- High level of proficiency with MS Office and Google Workspace
- Wired and Wireless Networking experience, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs
- Exposure to SQL /TSQL, SSRS database maintenance and administration experience
- Knowledge of VMWare and HCI environments would be beneficial
- Manage, prioritise and execute tasks well under pressure.
What’s in it for me?
This opportunity will enable you to gain in depth knowledge of key software and systems, the opportunity to develop your skills and experience with a broad array of technologies and play an important part in completing IT projects.
At Gekko Group everyone is welcome. As an inclusive employer and workplace, our teams are encouraged to be comfortable, bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be your best self.
Click below to apply with us