The Gekko Group is looking for an HR Director to lead and develop our HR Function working across Personnel, Recruitment also Learning and Development with a focus on driving employee engagement, retention and company values.
Working closely with the Management Team, this is an ideal opportunity for someone who has previously worked as an HR Manager in an SME business. CIPD qualifications are ideal but not essential, experience and a tenacity to succeed are.
- Salary up to £45,000 + 22 days paid holiday in addition to bank holidays per annum
- Company Pension scheme – 3% employer contributions
- Ongoing personal development
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Perkbox Subscription
- Gym membership
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Day to day management of Gekko Group HR Function
- Understand and develop the company values inline with trends and needs, goals and long-term objectives
- Oversee employee engagement, wellbeing and learning & development to foster better working practices, inclusion and service delivery to our clients
- Direct the Recruitment Manager to oversee selection, interviewing, talent pools and onboarding programmes in line with HR vision and values and in accordance with statutory requirements
- Manage a variety of HR related projects including digitising the process of HR, distance learning and employee development
- Support, coach, guide and develop Line Managers across the business to understand HR processes and people management
- Keep all HR Policies and Procedures including the Employee Guide Book fully updated to reflect current legislation and best practices
- Manage employee records using our bespoke HR System and work with the development team to enhance the system
Do you have what it takes?
This role will be ideal for you if you can demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Previous experience in a senior HR capacity
- CIPD Qualification (level 5 and above)
- Proficient in Google Drive and Microsoft Office packages
- A proactive approach to meeting set standards and objectives
- Organisational skills enabling you to prioritise and set realistic timescales and deadlines
- Self starter looking for a role which offer autonomy and personal development
Gekko are a full service field marketing and experiential agency with 18 years of working across retail, B2B and digital channels, winner of PCR Magazine’s ‘Marketing Agency of the Year’ for 3 consecutive years. This opportunity is offering a full time, permanent position. Naturally due to the current situation with Covid-19 there will be a split between our Head Office in Newbury and working from home however in the future you will be required to work at the office on a more frequent daily basis.
At Gekko Group everyone is welcome. As an inclusive employer and workplace, our teams are encouraged to be comfortable, bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be your best self.
If you identify with the key skills and experience in this role that we are looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Apply to us with your CV below quoting 'HR'