Area Sales Manager - Global Smart Home Brand (North East)
At Gekko we have an exciting opportunity to represent a highly recognised and established global technology brand focusing on the growing Smart Home segment.
If you have sales experience, an interest in technology and/or have an understanding of the professional trade partner and installer channels then this is the role for you. Previous experience within a similar role, including business development or training store colleagues in Travis Perkins, Screwfix, Toolstation, CPS and UK housebuilders would be advantageous.
In addition to a competitive base salary, there’s an achievable bonus scheme and Gekko will ensure that you benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development.
The package includes:
- £30,000 salary per annum + 12% bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday in addition to bank holidays (per annum)
- Company Car Allowance
- Company Pension scheme - 3% employer contributions
- Ongoing personal development
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Perkbox Subscription
The core responsibilities of this position require you to:
- Build and maintain relationships with assigned partners and installers to accelerate the brand’s exposure
- Support store staff and installers to develop their understanding of the features and benefits to maximise sales. Solutions may be delivered out of hours to groups and also individuals
- Assist to shape the voice and tone of the content you deliver in person or virtually
- Build, manage and deliver local marketing plans to support and maximise sell through
- Represent the brand with confidence at events
- Be the main point of contact via email, phone or online for store staff within your region
- Cascade knowledge and best practice techniques to colleagues to encourage knowledge and advocacy
Do you have what it takes?
The Area Sales Manager role will be ideal for you if you:
- Have electrical, plumbing/ heating, smart home or home builder associated field sales experience
- Are experienced in account management and relationship building
- Have an analytical approach to sales management and targets
- Are able to demonstrate products and develop the knowledge of staff
- Can utilise data to draw recommendations and actionable insights
- Seek the autonomy and variety of a field based role
- Hold a full UK driving licence
This position offers a 12 month contract and is field based covering the North East region of the UK with nationwide travel where required
Gekko is a creative customer experience marketing agency seeking talent to create and evolve campaigns. We enhance our brands customer journey by streamlining and tailoring the customer experience to drive sales across retail, B2B and online channels.
Choose Gekko to build your career and we will support you to gain practical experience from across the best global tech brands. Aligning with our core values, that underpin the way we work - we trust you to make the right choices. We encourage everyone at Gekko to be insightful in their approach and honest to themselves and others.
At Gekko Group everyone is welcome and as an inclusive employer, our teams are encouraged to be relaxed but professional. Be your best self, in a trusted team so we can grow together.
If you identify with the key skills and experience in this role that we are looking for, we’d like to hear from you.
Apply to us by sending an up to date CV using the 'Apply now' link