Software & Web Developer
The Gekko Group provide field marketing solutions for leading technology and lifestyle brands throughout the UK and Ireland. We are looking for a Software & Web Developer to join our growing team at our offices in Newbury.
As our Software & Web Developer you will be responsible for all areas relating to design and development our in house software, web CMS and intranet sites application. Owning the delivery from analysis to implementation training and support.
We are looking for an experienced Developer who is a self-starter who has the ability to work independently and who thrives when challenged.
You will work alongside the IT team and your responsibilities will include, however will not be limited to:
- Writing well designed, documented, tested code and to support existing codebase and infrastructure
- Performing requirements analysis, planning, development and delivery of high quality responsive web applications based upon ASP.NET, C#. You will be comfortable managing the migration and updating from legacy VB and ASP.NET systems to current .NET
- Contributing to the development of solutions that meet the strategic requirements of our business.
- Configuration and support of proprietary and in house systems through close collaboration within the team
- Identifying improvement opportunities such as enhancements to standards or technical innovations to increase the quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Visual Studio .NET & Online & migrations
- Work with the IT & Data & Insight teams, monitor and maintain data collection and reporting from the mobile platform
- Strong experience of developing responsive UI for both mobile, tablet and desktops.
- Excellent SQL Server – T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, with experience managing database migrations.
- Google Analytics & SEO experience
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following skills/experience:
Excellent telephone and written communication.
Exhibit a positive, proactive approach, possessing excellent problem solving, issue identification and technical documentation skills.
Fluent with MS SQL Server (TSQL/SQL) and non-relational database technologies
Maintain existing code through defect correction and refactoring
Manage and prioritise and execute tasks well under pressure.
Experience with test automation would be desirable
This role will give you the opportunity for further career development and work with in house mobile applications and Xamarin.
To be part of an award winning team apply with your CV and cover latter quoting “Webdev" as the subject heading.