Digital Marketing Executive
The Gekko Group provide field marketing solutions for leading technology and lifestyle brands throughout the UK and Ireland. We are looking for a Marketing Executive join our team in Newbury.
This opportunity is suited to a creative marketing beginner looking to develop their career within a growing and fast paced marketing agency. We are looking for a candidate with a good understanding of digital marketing, capable of adding value to the organisation’s sales and marketing output on social media, online and in traditional media.
Working closely with the Managing Director and Business Development Director, you will assist in the marketing of Gekko with the aim of driving new business. In addition to this, you will also be providing both sales and general support to these directors.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development and management of our brand assets, collateral and associated marketing materials in print and digital
- Research, qualification and management of our prospects database and market trends
- Identifying any possible leads and new business opportunities arising from such marketing activity and a strategy to open dialogue.
- Liaison and coordination with third party agencies (PR, print & design etc.)
- Industry award entries and sponsorship
- Assisting in writing articles and content for publication in trade journals and magazines, liaising where necessary with journalists and editors
- Social Media management alongside website content updates and developing our online strategy.
- Previous experience in a marketing role (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Copywriting experience would be desirable.
- Confidence and experience in using various social media platforms for business use – Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, in particular Word and PowerPoint
- Desirable but not essential - graphics experience – for example, working with PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator etc.
This position will be based at Gekko’s offices in Newbury, but there will be opportunity to widen your experience in the field as well as attending trade events and accompanying directors at client meetings.
To be part of an award winning team working with exciting brands and industry sectors, apply below with your CV and cover letter.