Gekko are recruiting for our team of field based Market Managers (MM’s) on a 12 month contract, with experience in retail, consumer electronics, IT or mobile sector, to work on behalf of our global technology brand, employed and managed by Gekko.
As an MM you will be charged with evolving the presence of our brands ground breaking OEM hardware product portfolio within partner retailers in the channel across the Northern region of the UK (ideal candidate will be based in the Manchester or Sheffield area)
Through proactive relationship building you will influence regional managers, store leaders and retail sales staff to set the vision and strategy for increasing sales and brand awareness, implementing these to make an extraordinary impact. You will continually transform knowledge in the channel through coaching and training retail, call centre and OEM staff to develop the customer experience.
Performance will be measured by; increased awareness of products and our brands eco-system, uplift in sales in your region by category, visual merchandising, timely comprehensive, accurate reporting and highlighting business development opportunities.
- Work with partners in the channel to take ownership of sales uplift, acting as a front line sales and training partner
- Develop relationships with regional/store management
- Persistently explore and implement strategies with senior stakeholder managers to reach customers
- Create/implement training programmes, deliver interactive coaching and group training sessions
- Leadership skills gained at retail management level, in technology, mobile, IT or high-end retail environment
- Delivery of sales/product training to individuals and groups
- Analytical approach to sales management and targets
- Ability to influence and build relationships at a senior level
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
MM’s will be employed by Gekko on a 12 month contract, the position will be field based with travel required across a given region (North of the UK) and weekend working will be required on occasions. A full driving licence is essential as company car is provided.
To apply, email your covering letter and CV to us using the link below.